Swap/trade (Australia): want large planting containers, will swap for seedlings/seeds/preserves/baked goods/ginger beer
I'm in Thornbury, in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne, Australia.
Our landlords won't let us replace the lawn with a veg garden, so we can only plant in containers. I'm on my usual spring quest for largish containers, 30cm diameter and above. We especially love the old-style rectangular recycling tubs that the cities of Darebin and Moreland used to use before they got wheelie bins -- a great size, and they already have drainage holes in them.
Do you have any of these sorts of tubs/containers available to swap?
We will swap for:
- seedlings (tomato, pepper/chilis of various kinds, greens, cucumber, eggplant, various herbs, ummmm other stuff I'm sure)
- seeds (lots! some are listed http://growstuff.org/seeds/owner/skud but I have more that aren't listed there, too)
- preserves (chutney, tomato sauce, plum sauce, kasundi, indian-style pickles, pear and quince jam, quince paste, I forget what else)
- baked goods (especially fresh-baked bread or ANZAC bikkies)
- sourdough starter
- homemade ginger beer or ginger beer plant (seasonal, hasn't quite started yet, but will in a few weeks I think)
Oh and on the ginger beer topic, we'll also take any plastic soft drink bottles you have, especially 1.25L or 2L ones.
Drop me a note here or tweet at @Skud or email email@example.com.