pear Pyrus spp.
Pear has been planted 6 times by Growstuff members.
Only plantings by members who have set their locations are shown on this map.
What people are saying about pears
Swap/trade (Australia): want large planting containers, will swap for seedlings/seeds/preserves/baked goods/ginger beer
I'm in Thornbury, in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne, Australia.
Our landlords won't let us replace the lawn with a veg garden, so we can only plant in containers. I'm on my usual spring quest for largish containers, 30cm diameter and above. We especially love the old-style rectangular recycling tubs that the cities of Darebin and Moreland used to use before they got wheelie bins -- a great size, and they already have drainage holes in them.
Do you have any of these sorts of tubs/containers available to swap?
We will swap for:
- seedlings (tomato, pepper/chilis of various kinds, greens, cucumber, eggplant, various herbs, ummmm other stuff I'm sure)
- seeds (lots! some are listed http://growstuff.org/seeds/owner/skud but I have more that aren't listed there, too)
- preserves (chutney, tomato sauce, plum sauce, kasundi, indian-style pickles, pear and quince jam, quince paste, I forget what else)
- baked goods (especially fresh-baked bread or ANZAC bikkies)
- sourdough starter
- homemade ginger beer or ginger beer plant (seasonal, hasn't quite started yet, but will in a few weeks I think)
Oh and on the ginger beer topic, we'll also take any plastic soft drink bottles you have, especially 1.25L or 2L ones.
Drop me a note here or tweet at @Skud or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to grow pears
Grown for: not known.
Plant from: bare root plant (4), (3)
Plant in: sun (3), (3), semi-shade (1)
- Pyrus spp.
See who's planted pears
- pear planting in Rhubarb Views by Dan
pear planting in Back yard garden by TerryW
unknown locationalmost 5 years ago.
pear planting in Orchard by shadawyn
unknown locationover 5 years ago.
Nobody has harvested this crop yet.Sign in or sign up to track your pear harvests.
Find pear seeds
There are no seeds available to trade on Growstuff right now.Sign in or sign up to list your seeds to trade.