We just pushed a whole load of new features, bugfixes, etc to the website, including:
- Massive crop upload including brassicas, squashes, mint familiy (Lamaciae) and more.
- Follow other members. You can now follow other Growstuff members. (Note: there are still some improvements to be made to the email notifications related to this.)
- Send out regular planting reminder emails to members (although this has been ready for a while, we'll finally be switching this on in production with this release!)
- Some changes to the layout of the homepage -- we've moved what was in the sidebar down into footer links, and given the rest of the homepage a little more breathing room.
- Started to use and manage plural versions of crop names, eg. "tomatoes" rather than "tomato". This is more complex than it sounds because many food crops have irregular pluralisation!
- Small improvements to the crop detail page to make it easier to find via search engines.
- Added Facebook contact link to footer (alongside Twitter etc)
- Rearranged titles on RSS feeds to make them display better in browser tabs
- Made it easier to specify the date on which a planting was finished, via a popup calendar on the planting detail page
- Improved the flow for signing in, if you try to do something you don't have authorization to do.
- Improved display of crops on the "Browse crops" page, especially making sure that the text of crops with long names doesn't overflow and mess up the alignment.
- Show finished date correctly on plantings index page
- Prevent the creation of a garden with a negative number for its area
- Remove unused photos -- if a photo is removed from all the plantings/harvests it was being shown on, the photo is now deleted from the system entirely.
- Upgraded our underlying platform to Rails 4! This is a big change, and very welcome, as it brings us up to date technologically. Also bumped our Ruby version to 2.1.5.
- Fixed problems installing libv8 on OSX (much appreciated by our developers!)
(Note: we're going to try and number our releases more consistently going forward. This is release 7.)