We just pushed a bunch of new features to the site, including:
- Email notifications: when someone comments on one of your posts, you'll now get an email notification as well as it appearing in your Inbox. You can turn off email notifications in your settings
- Improved date picker for plantings: The date now defaults to "today", and there's a friendlier calendar picker rather than having to manipulate three different dropdowns. The calendar picker is keyboard-navigable. You can also simply type in the date in YYYY-MM-DD format if you prefer not to use it.
- Password reset: there was a bug preventing you from resetting your password (it was showing a blank screen with no form), which we have now fixed
- Linkify crop image: On the crops index page, clicking on the image (ahem, or rather, the image placeholder) will now take you to the crop page. You used to have to click on the name of the crop, but this makes the target a bit bigger. (Thanks maco for the suggestion.)
- Pagination links at bottom of page, too: on the crops, members, and posts pages, the pagination links now appear both at the top and the bottom of the page, so you don't have to scroll back up to get to another page.
- Analytics tracking: this should be invisible to most of you, unless you review your cookies manually. We've installed some analytics/tracking code so we can keep track of how many people are visiting Growstuff, where they're coming from, and what they're doing on the site. This helps us improve Growstuff based on actual usage, rather than guesswork. We are using Clicky which is an independent analytics product not linked to any advertisers or anything like that. Their privacy terms are strong (see their terms of service for details) and furthermore, we have configured our tracking not to track individual IP addresses. We think this is the best option we could find to balance our operational needs and our members' and visitors' privacy.
I think that's all for now. Any questions or further suggestions, drop us a comment!