We've just pushed a load of new features and bugfixes to the site, thanks to @pozorvlak for deploying, as well as all our coders - we had several new contributors this time.
- Thumbnails of crops should now show on a post where you reference a crop
- You should be able to unsubscribe from notification or community emails with one click
- When posting, the focus (where your cursor is) should automatically move to the subject field. If the post is a reply or a comment, it should go straight to the main content.
- When you delete a photo, you should now get a message flash up, instead of not knowing whether it had succeeded or not
- When replying to a private message, you now see the message you're replying to for handy reference
- You can now search from the places index page
- We're now starting to track how long a seed takes to grow to a mature plant. This is in the early stages of collecting data at the moment - eventually you'll be able to see a prediction based on other people's experience with that crop. For now, there's a pretty progress bar.
- Posts and comments now show when they were edited, if they're edited
- Member profile page now shows date of last login
- Add placeholder to harvest screen's plant part select box
- Display available seed count on crop pages
- Redesigned navbar
- Sunniness icons on planting pages, for partial shade, sun, etc.
- Places pages show nearby seeds and plantings, not just members
- Added link to owner's profile from seeds', plantings', and harvests' index page
- Harvests, seeds and gardens have a new card-based design
- Limit the vertical space taken by crop varieties in sidebar
- Display only the active plantings on the garden page, where finished plantings aren't helpful
- Photo view page now links back to the harvest or garden it is a photo of
- Thumbnails now have a background so we don't get odd effects with transparency
- When signing out, you get redirected to the last page you were on, if it's something public, rather than always to the homepage
- We've supported alternative and scientific names for a while, but you had to add them after creating a crop, not at the same time. Now you can do it all in one go.
- Make it clearer which fields are required and which are optional when filling in various forms
- The members page didn't flow very well on different sizes of screen - it now does so better
- A link to Open Service has been added to the footer
- Notifications are now paginated, using our new trial pagination gem
- Posts at the bottom of the homepage were all saying they were "1 minute ago", because they got cached straight after posting. They now say the right date.
- We added tracking seeds as organic, heirloom or GMO in the last release. Now this information is added to the CSV and RSS output, so other apps can use it.
- Automated testing improved with poltergeist
- Robots are now discouraged from visiting our staging site
- Switching to a new way of handling secret keys that makes it easier to progress from dev to staging to live
- More automated tests added
- Our test data (database seeding) is now improved, so our testing will be more realistic
- Maco is now a committer! Update the docs accordingly
- Performance improvements of some database calls
- Developer improvements (tweaks to .gitignore)
- Refactored some automated tests to make them faster
- New versions of various gems and other upgrades
Let us know of any issues you find! We hope to make releases a bit more frequent in the future. Search is also now working much better, with Elasticsearch turned on.